Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy 50 years!


This weekend I got to celebrate my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. Just about a year ago, we celebrated my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. In this day, both of those are truly significant milestones.

It was great being with my family. This weekend was really special because it caused me to watch and reflect. In my family, there is always lots of laughter, smiles, and hugs. It's easy to spend time with each other. Each person in my family has a little bit of goofy in them; all have a sense of humor.

I value the fact that my cousins and I have such great examples of parents who have been together for such a long time. Our parents are examples of people who are down-to-earth, kind, and generous.

It is because of my aunt and uncle and my mom and dad that I still believe a faithful, real, and positive marriage and family is still possible.

It is because of them that I believe it is important to be kind and generous to those around us. It is because of them that I have learned to laugh and love.

Congratulations, Charley and Ona....and THANK YOU for 50 years!

No comments: