Wednesday, September 10, 2008

McCain campaign wants what Obama has

Has anyone thought to point out that everything the McCain campaign disparages Obama for, they end up doing themselves?

If I recall correctly, Obama's original message was about "Hope" and "Change." I don't believe that has ever wavered. But now, when I listen to McCain's speeches, I constantly hear about "Change" and how McCain-Palin will be the ones to create that change.

Right before the conventions, I recall McCain's camp being very vocal about Obama's lack of experience and being ready on Day 1. Yet they then went off and chose the very epitome of "not ready on day 1." So now the argument has become..."but he's running for president!" To which I guess I have to ask the same question Sarah Palin did, "What is it exactly that the V.P. does every day?" I was under the impression that the vice-president had to be prepared to move into the presidency if something goes wrong.

I also vaguely recall an ad by the McCain campaign disparaging Barack Obama for creating a "celebrity" status and following...something about Paris Hilton and Brittney Spears...anyone else remember that?? Yet, all indications seem to demonstrate that the McCain campaign has now found their own celebrity...and doesn't mind exploiting that to it's fullest. (Are those Paris Hilton ads still out there?)

It seems to be a double standard.

But it also tells me that Obama is doing something very right.

No comments: