Sunday, March 15, 2009

So goes the nation

I saw this on the news:



I know things are getting bad. Every day I hear about more people losing jobs and homes, but I guess so far I am in a safe middle area and haven't been directly affected. Watching this was a sobering reality.

Unfortunately, many people still don't see how we are all connected. People still want to distance themselves from the homeless.

In the not-so-distant past, it has been easy to overlook the homeless and blame them for their own problems. It has been easy to distance ourselves from the poor.

It is no longer easy.

Very rapidly, no matter how much we try to distance ourselves, the poor and homeless are creeping into our lives. How long will it take us to figure out that we are all connected?

When one suffers, we all suffer. (1 Cor. 12:26)

No comments: