Thursday, June 14, 2007

Explore the possibilities

Are we teaching our kids to learn how to learn or to learn what we know? If all I ever do is teach a child what I know, our future is going to be extremely limited. However, if I can teach a child to explore, dream, envision, take risks, and accept challenges, there is no telling what he/she will come up with.

Our After-School Academy mission has always been to provide a Christ-centered atmosphere in an educational setting that will equip kids to dream and envision who they can and will one day become.

I'm thinking I may need to adjust it so that it ends with "equip kids to dream and envision." If we can guide our kids to dream and envision, they will be the ones coming up with things like the computer in this video (depending on your connection speed, you may have to wait a while for it to load):

No comments: