Monday, February 25, 2008

Faith

Today is Jose's 3rd deportation hearing.

Though it's been on my calendar for a few months now, the reality of the situation didn't hit me until I was driving to work. As I called my friend to ask for prayers, my heart was heavy and it took a lot of effort to hold back tears. I pray that his lawyer (who has become a good friend to us all) has made some good progress and we will have a positive outcome.

I know this involves faith.

Pray for Jose. I can only imagine that he must be anxious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what happened with Jose?

Janet Morrison-Lane said...

I guess I was trying to block it out. Thanks for asking.

Unfortunately he was given 120 days for "voluntary departure." During that 120 days the attorneys are hoping to pursue a "private bill." The other two who I believe I have mentioned before will have their hearing on March 10. We don't expect anything different in their case.

Jose seemed to have come to terms with it. These are some strong young adults!

Now we just continue working toward keeping people aware of the DREAM Act and keep pushing forward until we can get it to come up again...and keep putting pressure on our congress people so it will pass!

Thanks so much for your concern.

Anonymous said...

sad . . . sad . . . sad . . . breaks my heart.
I think I've mentioned before how we eat every Sunday at a Mexican restaurant in our town. Plain and simple, the majority of these people are very hard workers. They just want to work and have a life - they don't ask for anything from anyone. I understand the concerns of so many of "illegals," but the concerns seem to only be with the Hispanic population. The folks that we interact with are better "citizens" than a lot that walk the streets. What's wrong with this picture? I think Larry once said "illegal" has a face. So sad that so few realize that.