Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Moving toward a more unified country

There has been much talk about Barack's speech yesterday. Radio programs, talk shows, comedy shows, political pundits....

As far as blogging goes, I know I'm already way behind in putting his speech out there. Anyone who was interested in his words or this political race in general has already heard it and heard all of the pundits talking about it over... and over... and over. But if you haven't watched it, you really should. Listen to his words and please feel free to comment.

In my mind, there's really not much more you can say. He said it best. He addressed the reality of black...and white. He addressed issues that people want to sweep under the rug and pretend aren't there.

I haven't had time to digest it all. I think there's much more to the speech than I've really had time to think about or process. But I know one thing I did get out of it...

We have to face reality. We ALL need to be a part of fixing the system. We ALL play a role. To make our communities and our society stronger we have to get started.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OBAMA 08!

I'm hopeful John Edwards will be his VP.

Janet Morrison-Lane said...

:)

I'm completely with you!