Friday, January 01, 2010

End of the year awards


One of my Christmas presents this year was The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder.

Unbeknownst to my friend who bought it for me, my mom used to pick up the almanac for me faithfully every year and I would read it cover to cover. This Awe-manac is written in a similar format, but provides many journal prompts.

The prompt for December 31 was to create your own criteria and write about "End of the Year Awards."

The next few entries will be dedicated to those awards. The awards may not be to people you know or have even heard of, but I believe we each have people in our lives who are important and deserve to be recognized. My next entries are to a few of those people in my life.

If you so desire, I would encourage you to write your own. And if you feel like it, I would love for you to post yours to the comments section. Here are my the categories I will be posting over the next few days so you can be thinking, writing, and preparing to post.

Oh...and just fyi...I stole some of the categories from CNN's Heroes award and then made up some of my own. Feel free to do the same.

    Championing Children: Commitment to the welfare of young people

    Community Crusader: Creating solutions to a local problem or social issue

    Protecting the Powerless: Advancing the cause of human or equal rights

    Young Wonder: Outstanding achievement by a person 25 or under

    Demonstrative Courage: Pursuing a goal and persevering in the face of fear or uncertainty

    Ambitious Leader: Determination and spirit that pushes one to fulfill their goals

    Amazing Graduate: Determination to use education as a stepping stone in life

    Inclusive Leadership: Leads with the people and for the people in a way that engages all of the people

No comments: